RENTAL AGREEMENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
This vacation lease agreement (hereafter referred to as the “Agreement”) is made by and between,
Stagecoach Lodge, LLC, hereinafter called “Lessor”, and the vacation renter, hereinafter called “Lessee”.
- Lease Covenant: In consideration of the payment of rents and the keeping and performing of
covenants and agreements hereinafter set forth by this Agreement, the Lessor hereby leases to Lessee
the premises situated in Ouray County, Colorado, 10500 County Road 1, Ridgway, CO 81432, hereafter
referred to as the “Premises.”
- Lease Term: The lease term is listed on page one of your confirmation.
- Rental Payments: Lessee shall pay to Lessor the total rental payment listed on page 1 of your
confirmation which includes the lodging taxes, processing fees, and cleaning. The rent shall be due and
payable in full, in advance of occupancy, and in accordance with Lessor’s Payment and Deposit Policy.
- Security: A damage protection fee of $79 dollars is charged to cover up to $3,000 of
i. damage to the property or furnishings;
ii. dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning; or
iii. any other cost incurred by Lessor due to Lessee’s stay. The damage protection fee is nonrefundable.
- Payment and Deposit Policy: 50% of the rent is due at the time of booking. Final payment is due 30
days prior to arrival. Interest earned form these deposits shall become property of Lessor, unless other
arrangements for payment were made at the time of booking.
- Cancellation Policy: Any cancellation received 30 days or more prior to the commencement of the
lease term will be fully refunded, less a processing fee. Any cancellation received less than 30 days prior
to the commencement of the lease term will result in the forfeiture of the full rental amount, whether
paid or owing as of the date of cancellation.
- Condition of the Premises: Lessee warrants that he waives the examination of the Premises and that
any representations as to the condition or repairs thereof by Lessor have been made in good faith using
Lessor’s best judgment.
- Use of Premises: Lessee shall use the Premises for residential purposes and shall not knowingly
violate the laws of neither the State of Colorado nor the United States or keep on or in or around the
Premises or in any place contiguous thereto anything of an inflammable or explosive nature. WE HAVE A
STRICT NO SMOKING POLICY! Lessee further agrees not to smoke any tobacco or related product within
the interior of the Premises. If you are found smoking in the property during your stay $250.00 will
automatically be charged to your credit card on file. No events allowed on the premises. Maximum
number of guests staying is eight (8). Prior to or upon vacating the Premises, Lessee agrees to return the
premises in clean condition, normal wear and tear expected. Lessee agrees that the dishes will be placed
in dishwasher and run through clean cycle; the heat turned down to 55 degrees (F), and all windows and
- Number of Occupants/Pets Policy: Lessee must be 25 years old or older. Lessee agrees that there will
be no more than the advertised number of tenants for the property rented during this tenancy. Lessee
further agrees that no dogs, no cats, and no other animals shall be allowed to live in or visit the Premises
nor part of the Premises, unless previously cleared by the Lessor, the PET ADDENDUM is completed, and
after pet fees have been received by the Lessor. If an unauthorized pet is discovered at the property at
any time during your stay $250.00 will automatically be charged to your credit card on file.
- Assignment and Subletting: Lessee may sublet only with prior written consent and approval of
Lessor’s agent. Any violation of this condition will be a violation of this Agreement and will be grounds
- Right of Entry: Lessor or his or her agent shall have the right to enter the leased Premises to inspect
the Premises for (1) compliance with this Lease or damage or needed repairs or improvements without
intruding into Lessee’s personal, (2) making necessary repairs or improvements, or (3) exhibiting the
Premises to prospective tenants or purchasers. Such entry may be made by agreement between Lessor
and Lessee, and in the absence of such agreement, may be made only between the hours of 9:30 a.m.
and 7 p.m. after advance notice of at least 12 hours to Lessee of the date, time and purpose of entry.
Entry may be made without prior notice if Lessor or his agent reasonably believes that an emergency
exists, such as fire or broken water pipes and requires immediate entry without notice.
- Indemnification: Lessee agrees to save harmless, protect and indemnify Lessor from and against any
and all loss, damage, claims, suits or actions at law, judgments and costs, including attorney’s fees
reasonably incurred, which may arise or grow out of any injury to persons, damage to property or sale of
property; caused by, arising from, or in any manner connected with Lessee’s occupancy of the subject
Premises. The Lessee agrees to inspect the property to ensure it has no hazards or perils for the Lessee
and guests. The Lodge is not childproof or compliant with current ADA standards. The lessee will
indemnify Stagecoach lodge from all claims that occur while the lessee is occupying the property. The
lessee is responsible for the supervision of all underage children during their stay.
- Charges: Lessee shall be charged $45.00 for any check returned unpaid by Lessee’s bank and, in
addition, will be charged a late fee of $45.00 if non-payment is due to insufficient funds. A cancellation
charge of $45.00 may be assessed according to Section 6.
- Default by Lessee: Failure to perform or honor any obligations or covenant contained in this
Agreement shall constitute a default of this Agreement by Lessee.
- Lessor’s Remedies: Upon any default by Lessee, the Lessor shall have the following rights and
remedies, in addition to any other remedy or right by law or in equity by reason of such default: a. The
right to terminate this Agreement, in which case the Lessee shall immediately surrender possession of
the Premises to the Lessor and pay to the Lessor all rental payments and other amounts payable by
Lessee to Lessor according to Section 6. b. To enter upon and take possession of the Premises and
remove Lessee from the Premises, with or without having terminated this Agreement and to alter and
change any locks or other security devices at the Premises. No such re-entry by the Lessor shall be
considered to be a forcible entry of the Premises. c. In addition, Lessee shall be liable for and shall pay to
Lessor any broker’s fees or rental fees incurred by Lessor in connection with the re-leasing of the
Premises, the costs of removing and storing Lessee’s or other occupant’s property from the Premises,
and all reasonable expenses incurred by Lessor in enforcing the remedies of Lessor, including reasonable
- Surrender of Premises: At the termination of this Agreement by lapse of time or otherwise, Lessee
shall immediately yield possession of the Premises to Lessor and shall deliver all keys to the Premises to
Lessor or his agent at a time and place to be specified by Lessor. If Lessee does not vacate Premises
upon termination of this Agreement, 10:00am on departure date, without prior notification to Lessor,
they may be charged a penalty of $50 per hour the Premises is occupied over the agreed termination of
the Agreement. If Lessee does not return two keys to Lessor upon departure of premises Lessor is
authorized to charge $25.00 per key to Lessee for the keys on the credit card Lessor has on file.
- Applicable Law: This Agreement is entered into in the County of Ouray and State of Colorado, and it
is agreed that the proper jurisdiction and venue of any action pertaining to the interpretation or
enforcement of this Agreement shall be in the District or County Court of Ouray County, Colorado.
- Binding Effects: The terms and conditions of this shall extend and be binding upon the heirs,
executors, legal representatives, successors and assigns of the parties hereto. This Agreement
represents the full and final agreement among the parties and no oral statement or representations not
contained in this Agreement shall be of any force and effect. This Agreement shall not be modified or
amended in any way except by written agreement among all parties.
- Severability: If any provision of this shall be held invalid and unenforceable, the remaining
provisions shall, nevertheless, remain unaffected and continue in full force and effect as valid and
- Legal Fees and Court Costs: It is agreed that if any action is brought in a court of law by any party to
this Agreement as to the enforcement, interpretation or construction of this Agreement, or any
document provided herein, the prevailing party in such action shall be entitled to reasonable attorney’s
fees as well as all costs incurred in the prosecution or defense of such action. In the event that Lessor
retains an attorney to collect rent or to enforce any other provision hereof, Lessee agrees to pay, in
addition to all other payments set forth in this Agreement, all reasonable attorney’s fees in connection
therewith upon presentation of a statement therefore.
- Disturbances: Lessee shall not make nor commit any disturbing noises on the Premises by
themselves, their families, agents, service or visitors, nor permit any such persons to do anything that
will interfere with the rights, comforts, or convenience of any other tenants or neighbors.
- Lessor’s Rights and Written Waivers: The acceptance of rent after it falls due or after knowledge of
any breach hereof by Lessee shall not be deemed a waiver of Lessor’s rights unless Lessor gives to
Lessee written waiver, which written waiver shall be deemed an election by Lessor not to proceed under
the provisions of this Agreement for that offense.
- General: Whenever used herein, unless the context shall otherwise provide, the singular number
shall include the plural and the singular, and the use of any gender shall include all genders.
- Force Majeure: Lessor shall be excused for the period of any delay in the performance of any
obligation of this Agreement when caused by circumstances beyond its control including, without
limitation; sale of property, severe weather, all labor disputes, civil commotion, war, war-like
operations, power sabotage, terrorism, governmental regulations or controls, fire or other casualty,
inability to obtain any material, service or financing, or through acts of God.
- Use of Hot Tub: Children (under the age of 15) must always have adult supervision. When using the
hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk. Our
housekeepers drain, sanitize, refill and replenish chemicals in all tubs prior to your arrival; therefore, it
may not be warm until later that evening. DO NOT STAND ON THE HOT TUB COVERS. Hot tub covers are
for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person or persons. They will break and you
may be charged for replacement. Remember when not using the hot tub, leave cover on so hot tub will
- Fireplace: The fireplace is a non-vented propane gas log fired firebox. Lessee agrees to be
responsible for their guests who throw paper or other combustibles in the fireplace.
- Septic: The log cabin is on a septic system. The septic system is remarkably effective; however, it will
clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine
products or personal wipes should be flushed at any time. If it is found that feminine products or
personal wipes have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to
$1,000. Please allow at least 2 hours between laundry loads. The septic cannot handle multiple loads.
- Storms: No refunds will be given for storms. We highly recommend four-wheel drive vehicles and/or
chains during the snow months. We do not refund due to road conditions.
- Candles/Fires: No candles may be used other than the electronic candles in the home. We value our
property and do not want fires of any kind inside or out.
Name on credit card: _________________ Type: ____
Credit card billing address: ___________________________________
City_______________________________ State Zip Code__________
Credit Card Number____________________________________ Exp date_____________
CVV (Security) Code ___
By my signature below, I hereby give permission to charge my credit card for the amounts above. I agree
that all rental monies are non-refundable per cancellation policy above. I have read my rights to
purchase travel insurance. The parties agree to the terms of this Short-Term Rental Agreement, as
evidenced by the signature set forth below. HomeownerStagecoach Lodge LLC Guest Signature: __________________
Name (print): Jim Rensberger Name (print): ___________________
Date: Date: ___________________________
Phone # 206-554-9844 Phone # (during stay):_____________